Today's recipe is one of my mother-in-law's favorite recipes from Allrecipes.com, and it happens to fit well with this month's focus on vegan food! It's so easy; the only "cooking" involves a food processor and a quick reheat on the stovetop. To me, that doesn't even count as cooking, so I'm classifying it as a no-cook recipe. Like all black bean soups, it doesn't look particularly appetizing, so I didn't bother taking a picture, but it's amazingly simple, quite filling, and deliciously healthful.
- 2 15-oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup chunky salsa of your choosing
- 1 tsp cumin
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor, starting with just 1 cup of broth. Process until the mixture is relatively smooth. Add more broth if you want a thinner soup.
- Pour the soup into a medium saucepan; warm over medium heat with the lid on. (I think it took about 10 minutes.)
- Serve with your favorite toppings: sliced green onions, chopped tomatoes, diced avocado, etc. (or cheese and sour cream if you don't want it to be vegan)