Today in Chapel Hill, the heat index was 106 degrees. Yes, that's one hundred degrees and then six more degrees. Personally, I'm not into three-digit weather. The only things that kind of heat is good for are afternoon naps and ice-cold lemonade. Oh, and dinner salads.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey (I microwaved it for a couple seconds to make it easier to work with)
- 1 5-oz bag baby salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Pour the vinegar, oil, and honey into a small jar, and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Put the lid on the jar and shake it like crazy. Put the lettuce in a large bowl, pour the dressing over it, and toss to coat.
- Distribute the lettuce evenly between two plates. Top each plate with an equal amount of feta, blueberries, and almonds. Done!